Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mariotti is Back

I just started playback of today's Pardon the Interruption (PTI) and I am SHOCKED to see that Jay Mariotti is sitting in for Tony Kornheiser. Longtime PTI fans will remember when Mariotti was a frequent guest host of the program right up until June of 2006. That was when White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen went on a rant and dropped a homosexual slur on Mr. Mariotti. In all fairness, Mariotti was slinging mud at Guillen while purposely avoiding the White Sox clubhouse. But in the fallout from that ugly episode, Mariotti seemed to disappear from the PTI desk. I've seen him periodically on Around the Horn, but this is the first time I've seen him back on PTI since the summer of '06. In his absence, it seemed that Dan Le Batard became the substitute of choice. Now that Mariotti is back behind the desk, I think I miss Le Batard.

No comments: